Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ever imaging

pixueto

This is my first post in the forum so please be gentle. Just wanted to know what you make of this. This is my first ever photo using Skywatcher 200P EQ5, Philips SPC 880 webcam, Sharpcap and Registax.

Thank you very much for your comments.

post-30999-133877700999_thumb.jpg

Excellent start ;)

I am looking forward to me next clear night, the last one was terrible, the sky was boiling really bad, my out of focus video of a morphing potato... sorry Jupiter was somewhat frustrating :|

Thank you very much for your comments.

Actually I just tried to keep Jupiter in sight with the best possible focus. Then I used different options in sharpcap until I was happy with the image I was getting.

When I first processed the image with registax, I didn't know how to use the software and selected the default settings to stack the images. I was pretty happy with the result even though the image didn't show much detail. The breakthrough came when I found this site: http://www.sunspot51.com/Registax6/Registax6.htm

By applying those settings to the wavelets, the image changed a great deal showing much more detail. You can see how much of a difference the wavelet settings have made to the original picture.

post-30999-13387770122_thumb.jpg

post-30999-133877701224_thumb.jpg

Archived