Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M81/82 Firstlight of Everything

Penfold

This is my first image with the WO GT81 & Filter Wheel, Guiding, EQMOD and basically getting everything working together in MAXIM.

It needs a lot more data, plus I haven't got round to flats yet, setup last night using pinpoint (love how that works) in Maxim to get more data but it was too windy and the guiding fluctuated too much and so didn't get around to getting flats.

This is from 27/11

20 - 300s L

10 - 300s each of RGB plus darks & bias.

My processing was done mainly in CS3 and I seem to have blown out the core and so will have to go back and perhaps process that differently when I've more data.

Group1-LRGB-Final-XL.jpg

Good image there - always a favourite. As far as the cigar is concerned, I found I had to process it seperately from Bodes to avoid blowing it out. That way I was able to keep more of the lovely "red stuff" in it. Perhaps you could try that. Otherwise, the data looks good.

Regards

John

Nice job!

M82 and the core of M81 look better in the second, but the first one is more eye catching. Try layering the first over the second and erasing through to just bring those bits in from the second image.

Re.the colour halos, you can draw a selection around the star and then drop back the saturation of that particular channel...that normally controls halos quite well. They don't look bad to me though...in fact, you've kept star colour very well.

Cheers

Rob

Archived