NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New scope first use!

Many thanks fellas for all advice. Took delivery of my 200P dob tonight. Set it up and went out with it just to get used to it. Loved it! Couldnt believe I was observing Jupiter. Nice bright image. Bit spikey around edges, maybe need better ep's. Any I enjoyed it. Again thanks for the advice. Sure things will get even better.

congrats on the new scope,how long did you let it cool down for ? at least 5 mins for every inch of glass you have there ,the stock eps should not be that bad,keep ya eps in ya pocket till ya about to use them ,it should give you some great nights out ,did you get the spikes on normal stars ?,next time you out ,leave the scope to cool for about a hour longer if you have time and its safe to do so,focus on a real bright star vega ect and focus right in and right out to see if your scope as good colamination spelt that wrong a think never mind ,but i bet you was like me set it up put it out side waited 20 mins and started to look

my mate telesto hes on sgl, came up with is truss dob 200p tracking one it worked great and we had a good look round with it ,it was great many great views await you

congrats on the new scope,how long did you let it cool down for ? at least 5 mins for every inch of glass you have there ,the stock eps should not be that bad,keep ya eps in ya pocket till ya about to use them ,it should give you some great nights out ,did you get the spikes on normal stars ?,next time you out ,leave the scope to cool for about a hour longer if you have time and its safe to do so,focus on a real bright star vega ect and focus right in and right out to see if your scope as good colamination spelt that wrong a think never mind ,but i bet you was like me set it up put it out side waited 20 mins and started to look

my mate telesto hes on sgl, came up with is truss dob 200p tracking one it worked great and we had a good look round with it ,it was great many great views await you

My sentiments too, I suspect that your scope needed a little longer to acclimatise and possibly the collimation needs a small tweek, follow Todd's advice and I'm sure you'll get even better results. However I'm delighted that you have chosen a Dob, have you joined the Dob users group yet?

Archived