Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader MPCC

gfletcher

There is a company in the states that make adaptors for the Baader MPCC so that it can be used visually, I looked into it a while back. The unfortunate thing is that it was going to work out a little over £100 for the adaptors...... so I didn't bother! lol And that didn't include any import taxes etc.

If you are interested I will see if I can find the info again.

Gary

The visual addons are basically some spacers and a compression 2" to 1.25" adaptor. There is an M48 to T2 spacer ring and a T2 ring that can be used to adjust the spacing of the MPCC against either EPs or cameras that you screw to the top of it. You could get alternatives seperately but they are pretty handy to get together. Looking at the Baader catalogue here I think you can get the extra bits from the photovisual kit that you don't get with the photo kit. TS do most Baader stuff.

It should be said the MPCC instructions come with details on using for imaging AND visually - so not just for imaging.

You can get pretty much all the bits you need from astroboot or bargain bins I would of thought to do it DIY?

1) t-thread to 1.25" barrel

[1.5) Maybe a t-thread inverter / gender changer]

2) a number of t-thread extension tubes

The problem is getting the EP the correct distance, the EPs focal point needs to be 55mm away from the MPCC :icon_confused:

365Astronomy can also source most of the Baader catalogue.

Archived