Hello from North Yorkshire

Yorksboy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard,

North Yorkshire is somewhat vague, you should be close to nice dark skies! You can look forward to great advice and support on SGL :)

Profile duly amended to be a bit more accurate:). Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

hi and welcome jupiters bit hard not to miss what scope did you buy ?

Jupiter may not be hard to miss, but from a newbies point of view it was the first step on the ladder :)

Scope is only a Jessop 1100-102, but it's a start. Once I get used to this whole star gazing world, I'll spend a bit more time (and money) on my next one!

Slowly getting used to the various eye pieces, but would say that the Barlow is a waste of space. Any advice on a replacement?

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the lounge. Star Walk is a good app for locating objects. Have a look at PocketUniverse as well. It's more comprehensive than Star Walk.

Adam.

Thanks Adam.

PocketUniverse now downloaded - looks good. Anything to help find my way around.

Archived