Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter, less embarrassing this time.

Parus major

Cheers, Paul.

I'm quite happy with it since it's an improvement over the monochrome one I produced last time I was out which I just couldn't work out what happened. I've got a Baader IR/UV cut filter this time which is likely where the most improvement comes from but what's annoying me is the strange noise on the image black. I'm useless at using photoshop as I've never really had to use it I'm a all at sea!

Looking good did you use registax? If so have a go with wavelets that will pull out some detail.

I gave that a try but I was quite slap dash with it since it was on my laptop. I'll have a pop tomorrow on the tower and I'll see if I can get rid of the horizontal lines. I've got a few AVI's to have a go with as well so I'll enjoy myself doing that. Keep my mind off work.

Cheers for the kind words, guys. I was happy with the detail at my skill level and getting the moons is surprising but the lines are a bit disappointing.

After a hard look (in better light) I saw your noise. I'm not certain without seeing an unprocessed stack, but it could be too much gain, too much exposure, or something to do with your processing, or even some other electronic noise. It is quite plain to see when the Gamma is raised a silly amount.:icon_confused:

post-16237-133877699133_thumb.jpg

Had another pop at registax with the same AVI. I lost the moons and the strange lines which is, I dare say, connected. Thanks for your insight, I think I was more into getting the moons than I should have been to make a nicer image.

I gave it a wee rotation to make it look more interesting.

post-21037-133877699222_thumb.png

Right, had a wee fiddle. I've got the one with the moons looking a bit better and gotten rid of the noise. I found after hearing what Clayton had to say I found I was a bit excitable with the contrast in Registax Cheers for the input since it helped me get a half rspectable image with moons without much noise.

The second is one taken immediately after which I haven't stacked before. The more I play with them the more I think the focus may have been out, especially looking at other people's from the same night.

I've ordered one of Keith's Bahtinov masks on ebay just to be sure it's not going to be an issue next time.

post-21037-133877699979_thumb.png

post-21037-133877699984_thumb.png

Archived