Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

RGB filter set opinions?

ScubaMike

I am looking for a set of filters to enable me to capture colour images though a mono camera.

I have come across these:-

CCD RGB Filter-Set 1.25 for beginners [baa-43a-2458350] - 67.00 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

Has anyone any experience of these? any good?

Should I just spend the £186 or so for a set of these:-

http://www.365astronomy.com/baader-lrgbccdfilterset-14-rgb-uvir-cutlfilter-p-797.html

I would value any opinions of both sets.

As is always the case - You get what you pay for.

The 'cheap' set aren't parfocal - you have to use the R, G & B filters in conjunction with the I/R filter. It can be a bit of a pain. But they are classed as beginners filters.

I upgraded to the 'expensive' set and find them much better in that regard.

I tried to sell the cheap set on here but no-one wanted them! If you drop me a PM with your address then you can have them, FOC. One proviso - if you later upgrade and want to pass them on, then please offer them FOC.

Steve

I have a set of Baader filters. The more expensive filters are better quality, par-focal and higher transmission. They will be worth it in the long run if you are into imaging. With cheap filters you will get results, but eventually you will notice the limitations and want to upgrade.

• 3 years later...

Archived