Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

9x50 guidescope no problem aquiring guide stars?

Astroblagger

Hello im just wandering if people using a 9x50 guidescope and qhy5 ever have any problems aquiring guidestars? if a guide star can always be aquired i may go full time using the finderscope to guide and get rid off my dual mount setup and st80? Iv only ever used an st80 and iv never had a problem getting a guide star. Any thoughts or advice welcome.

I converted mine to a guider and I'm very pleased with the results. It has not failed to capture a star or lost one. Having said that I haven't used it on any lengthy sessions yet <3 hrs (poor weather), but I dont envisage any problems.

Here is the link to it.

I don't see why not. Providing you are in the same FOV or close and can see a suitable star. You just wont get the option with a fixed guider to use other stars out of FOV.

I used a SW102 piggy backed with no adjustment without any problems, or unable to find a suitable star.

Archived