Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DWB111 - In 3 different flavours + M45 bonus

Uranium235

Well, last night was excellent. It hadnt been that clear for a few months, winter is well and truly here (and about time too!). There was still a fair bit to do on DBW111, but I just about scraped enough OIII and SII together for the HST colour version before Cygnus dipped below the garden fence.

That was about 10.30, so I had time to have a quick go at M45. I didnt have a green filter in the wheel so I shot just R and B, then made a synth green channel. I'd like to have a proper go at that sometime soon while im (still) waiting for Orion! (its behind a tree for me).

So here it is, my "neopolitan" version of the Propellor :)

DWB 111: Propellor Nebula

Total sub times in minutes

HOO: L(Ha_190min), RGB (Ha/OIII/OIII 130min each channel)

HST: L(Ha_190min), RGB (SII/Ha/OIII_130min each channel)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

First the plain vanilla Ha:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73879&stc=1&d=1322073192

Next, the strawberry Ha/OIII/OIII flavour... yum :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=73880&stc=1&d=1322073192

And lastly, the bliss that is a chocolate flavoured HST version :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=73881&stc=1&d=1322073192

Brucey bonus M45:

attachment.php?attachmentid=73882&stc=1&d=1322073192

post-18171-133877697462_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877697471_thumb.jpg

post-18171-13387769748_thumb.jpg

post-18171-133877697489_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I’m Dree from the Netherlands, new here, ah well, not exactly totally new, I’m a reader and I like to watch the deep space photo’s here.

I’m a sailor with problems making my own pictures when the ship is rolling too much, here is a chance for me to enjoy the stars while at sea.

Now these pictures above are beautiful, I can’t remember seeing a picture of M45 with so much nebula, I’m wondering… do these seven sisters exchange matter?

Groet Dree

Cheers guys :)

I’m wondering… do these seven sisters exchange matter?

Not to my knowledge. I think theyre too far apart to have any interaction with eachother. There is a lot more to the reflection nebula, If I take two or three hours per channel it should look a bit better. But I need to take some flats to sort out the red gradient that appeard after I stacked the images. Hmmm flatfield panel for xmas? :)

Cheers Olly :)

Id just better check whether the 4" panel is in stock first, last time I looked FLO were all out of that size. I like the idea of just popping one of those on for some quick flats at the end of each filter run, it would save so much hassle.

I read somthing on the internet:

Physically, the reflection nebula is probably part of the dust in a molecular cloud, unrelated to the Pleiades cluster, which happens to cross the cluster's way. It is not a remainder of the nebula from which the cluster once formed, as can be seen from the fact that the nebula and cluster have different radial velocities, crossing each other with a relative velocity of 6.8 mps, or 11 km/sec.

More

Groet Dree

Have ordered the flatfield panel now.... strictly under the radar though :)

Dree, I think you may find that this is the case with a lot of asterisms. Although it seems that the stars look close together to form whatever pattern. They can be vastly different in distances from each other, if you can visualise it three dimensionally it becomes easier to understand :)

Archived