Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unguided attempt at M33.

stan26

After having a look through the ST102 for an hour or so I simply couldn't resist the urge to snap on the DSLR and take a few subs, The question was which target. Earlier in the evening I was quite proud that I managed to locate M33 reasonably easy but as per usual with faint fuzzys was quite underwhelmed by the view, so I choose this as my target so I could pull out some structure that I the MK1 eyeball couldn't see.

Kit as per sig, EQ3-2, ST102, Unmodded canon 500D, 30 sec exposures and a few darks thrown in.

Hardly worth posting it up, but it may be interesting for others with similar gear to see. Long guided exposures I suspect are whats really needed to get the best from this DSO.

stan:)

post-23582-133877695254_thumb.jpg

It's always worth posting short sub length images. It gives hope to people who are not yet in to the dark art of guiding and restricted to shorter exposures. I reckon that's a valiant effort for 30s subs - Personally I reckon M33 is not actually the easiest of targets - I'm still to do it justice although I'm hoping my newly modded camera will give me more chance.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

John

Archived