Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Time to tryout the refurbed mount?

Andy McK

I've been out for a wee while, testing my 200K and Tal MT-3S stepper mount.

Skies completely washed out due to the moon, but only really needed some stars for some testing. Jupe looked nice at 167x. Decent detail through the wobbiling atmosphere, now and again.

Better than the seemingly endless clouds of the last few months !

Andy.

On the brief moments I could see the moon, I did notice that my RA drive could not keep up.

Is this why i need variable speed?

Earlier, the RAD did seem to cope with Vaga.

It's been that long since I've run my drive without a corrector, that I cant remember. A drive corrector-less MT-2C member hopefully will confirm?

Andy.

Hi Andy, Andy or is it Andies???

I have no problem with my current Tal 2M mount regards luner tracking, even at high magnification.

Andy McK

I have been looking for information regards a drive corrector. Can you post the drawings?

Steve

Steve, here you go mate.

the following is very in-depth, so the asumption is that you are a dab hand with electronics, blow your self up, dont come crying. This web site is nothing to do with me whatsoever. but it is quvality. (;))

Bad news. The following pages are in Deutsch

Good news. Use this web page to make head or tail, unless you Deutsch is good

Google Translate

First page is for an Inverter (12v vdc to 12vac)

EZB 1

Second page is for the motor control and hand unit (need to build page one first)

EZB 2

Third page is to add a motor drive to the Dec and then control it with the same hand unit u just built in page two,

EZB 3

So, basically, build them in order...enjoy

Archived