Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Best Image of Jupiter Todate!!!

Darth Takahashi

I'm not a planetary imager, beside have the best telescope for planetary imaging I have little easy other than a secondhand DMK21 and an IR pass filter.

Therefore, I lack the ability to do colour images and the techniques that goes along with planetary imaging.

Normally taking the Mewlon out is a masochistic / sadistic exercise since the weather rarely co-operates, however, last night was special, even when looking thought the eye piece I could already tell this was going to be a better night than I have ever experienced so far...

Pushing the Mewlon to f16.5 / 4.5m focal length and everything was still rock solid with little atmospheric turbulence, WOW...

I have probably over processed it a little and perhaps could use better techniques to perform the alignment and stacking in Registax 6, which was mostly automatic but I'm really happy with the results...

I hope that you like it too...

post-15658-133877690411_thumb.png

Archived