Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first M1 ( unguided )

bigal1

Hi all thought i'd post my results from lastnights session which was a tricky one for a few reasons . First was the cold which was around freezing give or take a degree or two which by the end of the session had the outer tube dripping wet ( home made dew shield did the job though :) ) and secondly the target was tricky for me as it was the first time finding and imaging it and also the size ( didn't realise it was going to be so small ) . I'm still doing unguided subs at the moment so was limited to the ammount of detail i can capture but hopefully in the next few days my finder guider will be up and running so this could be my last unguided image :) . Equipment used was a Skywatcher 150 pds with a Canon 1000d at prime focus all mounted on a Cg-4 with motors , final image was a stack of 48 subs @ 45 seconds exposure with matching darks no flats .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877689367_thumb.jpg

Yep, don't see THAT many images of M1? Just as I was pondering the same.

May I return the compliments on your fine image too! Yes, it did get COLD. :D

I think it's just coming up this time of year... so I think there are a lot more images of it over the winter.

Nice pic... as you say... you'll be able to get more detail once it's guided.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Nice one I was working on this yesterday preparing a photoshop tutorial using my first shot of m1. It is small but well worth finding. The tutorial shows you how to select the stars and make a star layer one of a series to help others with editing in photoshop of there deepsky objects. Its on my blog if you want to take a look. M1 looks great well done.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Nice one I was working on this yesterday preparing a photoshop tutorial using my first shot of m1. It is small but well worth finding. The tutorial shows you how to select the stars and make a star layer one of a series to help others with editing in photoshop of there deepsky objects. Its on my blog if you want to take a look. M1 looks great well done.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk

Great thanks made for an interesting read will try and take it on board :D thanks for linking .

Archived