Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M2 Grub Screws

steppenwolf

Hi Steve, don't know if this helps, but I can easily make some from M3 bolts, cut down to length, and a screwdriver slot cut in one end. Free of charge, to say thanks for the talk you did at my club (Castle Point AC) I'm afraid I don't have anything smaller, but maybe M3 will do ?

You would need to use a 2.5mm drill, and then an M3 tap, from a good DIY shop.

Regards, Ed.

Thanks for your replies folks and thank you for your generosity, Ed - you've finally awoken from your deep sleep after enduring my talk then? :)

Ok, I will now have to get my micrometer out and determine exactly what it is I will require as I have an issue to resolve in that I will be using the the same threaded hole for two fixings, the grub screw and then a cheesehead bolt and I need to ensure that the two cannot contact one another when tightened!

Thanks again, I'll research further now.

Ed - you've finally awoken from your deep sleep after enduring my talk then? :)

Well Steve, I don't do AP but I still found your talk interesting, and I do know it was a great help to many budding astrophotograhers in my club.

Perhaps let me know sometime if you need the 3mm grubscrews. I also have some M3 with a slotted pan head. A PM would be best, as I don't always scan the DIY section.

Regards, Ed.

Archived