Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attempt at sketching - Jupiter

MjrTom

Hello :)

Well I thought I would have a go at sketching jupiter this evening as conditions were not too bad.

Not tried this before but thought I would give it a go.

I was never very good at Art at school :)

Comments or suggestions welcome

This is a great sketch! Don;t worry about artistic skill, its more about trying to find more d'tails to add to the sketch! And my first one from 7 months ago is nowhere near as good! And keeping the sketch in a notebook or sketch pad is nice so you can compare later sketches to earlier ones! :D

Try also reading up on jupiter and its different belts - it is real fun knowing what you are looking at, and gives you more to look for! It also helped me know where to look for that extra detail, and then eventually train my eye to find it! :eek:

Thanks guys :D

I must admit it was fun trying to sketch, it really made me concentrate on the target and look for the faint detail that was visible in the fleeting moments of clarity.

Definately will give it another try when seeing conditions are favourable :eek:

Archived