Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Potential clear night tonight.

alowen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6.30pm all was clear.

Carried all the stuff out and set up.

PHD just calibrated. Just about to start image capture when PHD started beeping. Look up and total cloud cover!!!

Another one just taking darks... Fingers crossed it all goes away as quickly as it arrived.

Clear in Sunderland. Meridian flip just got me argh, I knew it was coming and when, but for some reason it didn't register correctly in my brain. Back on track again now.

I've changed my ISO, so I'll have to get more darks at some point for my library, when it's cloudy.

Just been out. Seeing was very excellent, transparency was AWFUL!!

Couldn't resolve Jupiter's detail at all through any of the scopes. :)

Yeah not a great deal better here but managed to tease some detail out of Jupiter occasionally when conditions would allow.

Had a few clear nights here (finally), have the 200P outside cooling at the moment. Had a quick look at the moon (managed to nearly blind myself in the process)..just waiting for Jupiter to move a bit further across so I can get a good look. Will be first light planetary-wise for this scope, quite excited :)

Archived