Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White Light 06 Nov 2011

MjrTom

Hello All,

This is only my second attempt at capturing a solar image using the Baader solar film.

This is a single frame taken from a Canon 7D with a 1.4x teleconverter to increase image scale used at prime focus with the ED80.

The sun has quite a few interesting sunspots at the moment. :)

Having a few issues with Registax and it wont allow me to stack jpegs and just crashes when I try. :)

If I suss it out I shall try a stacked image :)

Any comments or pointers always welcome :)

Great picture! Looks like you have the disc alignment sorted. Odd about Registax5 crashing - I've never had any trouble with it. Do you have enough memory in your computer? Thats the only thing I can think of that may make it fail?

Thanks again.

Yeah it was coming up with a memory error even though I have 4GB of RAM (3.2GB under win XP limitation)

I would have thought that was sufficient to stack a dozen 5mb jpegs....

Thanks Stu :)

Need to nail the issues with the software and 7D DSLR images but will get there in the end...

This was a handpicked single frame from a collection of 20 images captured.

This one showed the least seeing issues.

Thankyou to both of you :)

Seeing Conditions on Sunday were very good at times :)

It's very addictive I would never have thought how interesting solar imaging is :)

More to come as long as the sun clears the rooftops around my garden, should have started this in spring not autumn :)

Archived