NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sawley Meeting Sat 12 Nov

brantuk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would there be some of the red stuff involved as well Rusty!

Not a bad evening considering no scopes were involved, but great to waffle on about Astro stuff, and to see everyone again.

I drove past the Sawley site to get to the pub, and the steam off the cooling towers was blowing smack over the top, so even if the clouds had parted it would have been a no go.

Very nice evening - smashing to meet Craig, Pete and Damian - and have a natter about astro stuff. No worries John can't beat an open fire after a busy day. :D

Those lights on the power station really mess the site up one heck of a lot. I wonder if we need to find another site as near as possible to Sawley??

Sorry I couldn't make it guys - I was working in Manchester all week last week staying overnight, I had to entertain clients on a night out in Nottingham on Friday night and struggled to get a "pass out" last night from madam....... (so had to contend with "strictly"... doh.....)

Great shame since I want some advice - still can't decide what to buy between CPC or C9.25 on NEQ6. Next time or when in a field we can natter then. Would love to have a look at a NEQ6 and see it being set up.

See you all next time.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Cj,

Thats fine, what other gaps in your ep collection do you have??.

List here is 2" 42mm, 40mm,30mm,25mm(*2), 15 mm, ed barlow

1.25 " 32mm,26mm, 16.8mm,12mm illum reticle, 8mm,5mm, 4.8mm, 8-24mm z.

Also got a couple of spare 2" diags. You are welcome to borrow a few bits & bobs so long as I have enough to plonk in the scopes if the clouds clear!

Cheers

Archived