NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Go At Saturn With The NS8 GPS & Digicam

dazza1639

Here is my first attempt at Saturn with the NS8 GPS & Sony DSC-W1 digital camera.

70 1/15 sec exposures at iso 400 through a 12mm eyepiece stacked in registax and tweeked in photoshop

It looks a bit blurred and has far too much noise any help would be appreciated

image.jpg

Darren

Thanks Phil Seeing last night was amazing even thought the sky looked pants (lots of sky glow) as for the number of images I will take a lot more when I can get the Toucam out last night was just an experiment really to see what I could get using the digicam & bracket take these images in 5 image bursts took about an hour so 500+ using this method would take a lot longer than Saturn is actually in the sky.

Darren

There is a lot of murk in the atmosphere at the moment..

I'd also reduce the size of the base images before stacking. I assume that they are JPG's and not RAW images?

That is quite a good effort Darren. I am not an expert by a long shot, so what I say is guesswork based on what I am looking at.

The image seems to lack a bit of depth, and as suggested, more frames may be needed to beef it up a bit.

The most important thing is, you are doing it, and the more you do it the better you get.

Thanks Ron. :)

Archived