Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

.965 Eyepieces

How hard as these things to track down? My girlfriend has just been given an old plastic ('nuf said) Tasco 60mm but its missing its eyepiece completely!

Am I right in thinking that the eyepieces thread into the focuser?

I think Scopes n Skies do an adapter, though I've no idea if it will work due to the loss of focuser travel.

Captain Chaos

I was going to suggest that as well :) - they also do a .96 inch - 1.25 inch hybrid diagonal as well which might be the answer if you also need a diagonal for the scope. I think they cost about £16 or so. Then you can use your eyepieces in her scope. My old Tasco 60mm refractor has loads of focusser travel so that should not be a problem.

John

When you turn the knobs on the focuser it comes out like a silver tongue :)

Ive tried to get in contact with the person who gave it to her to see if he still has the eyepiece(s) and diagonal. I imagine he wasnt very confident in using it though, the finderscope was mounted backwards!

I have 20mm and 4mm .965 eyepieces that you can have if you want them?

PM me if you do.

Oh and I found a .965 2x barlow also

I cant vouch for the quality of these things but better than nowt eh?

Cheers

Paul

Archived