Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binocular mirror project in Sky at Night Magazine - which issue?

ismangil

I got loads of back issues of SaN mag, and since April '11 subscribe to it. I seem to recall a DIY project of making binocular mirror viewer, however I can't find it!

There seemed to be no easy list of SaN TOCs anywhere...

Anybody can recall the issue?

Thanks!

I'd like to see that article too.

You've probably seen this thread I guess

Society for Popular Astronomy :: View topic - Binocular Mirror Viewer

and it links to a Yahoo group here

BinocularMirrorMounts : Binocular Mirror Mounts

Might be worth a shot asking on one of those places. The S@N mag website doesn't list much in the way of back issues.

Thanks for the links, yes I reviewed those threads. There's a few plans on the internet floating around as well.

What's bugging me is I've actually READ the article in my collection somewhere, just couldn't find it again!

I've made three mirror-mount, it's a very comfy way to view the sky if you don't mind an inverted image.

I was fortunate to acquire two very accurate ex-MoD first-surface mirrors, in perfect condition, on a local flea-market for £3.50 each. They cost the MoD £236 each. I use 20X60 bins with these mirrors.

The third first-surface mirror is unworked plate glass ( www.scientificmirrors.co.uk ) and okay for my 10X50 bins.

Archived