Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Intes M715 First light

JohnC

Friday was clear and so i set the scope up at around 17.00 and waited for it to cool and the skies to darken.

With the fan running on the scope it took about 30 minutes to cool enough for observing. I think about 45 for full cooldown, so happy with that.

Targeted Jupiter as soon as it rose above the houses and WOW!!

Although the air was a bit unstable and i was viewing over the tops of roofs it is definetly the best view i have ever had.

Belts were very obvious as were to storms. Even managed to view the moon crossing the disc. Alas the GRS was on the other side of the planet :icon_salut: maybe next time.

The scope is bang on colimation and is everything i had hoped for.

I shot a quick avi with a Sp900nc and have just tweeked it to give the view that i saw. This is my first report so please excuse the flow, other are more eliquent than me.

All in all well satisfied and fired up for the winter skies.

John

post-13079-133877685856_thumb.jpg

True.

I am looking forward in getting to my dark site and really putting it to the test.

It was really great to have a better image scale.

I now look forward to the moon being up and renewing my aquaintance with it.

What eyepieces do you use with yours?

nice to hear you are impressed with the scope been a intes micro fan for years they are the best:headbang: (but or course you need the seeing!) got a 10" mak newt and been just informed that my 10" f15 mak cass will be here in couple of weeks:hello2:bring on the good seeing , had a7" mak cass but @f10 amazing scope and very portable and kept collimation, regards stuy

Archived