Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

canon utilities function

Can anyone help please. I am using a Canon 550 and the standard utilities software which seems to work very well. However when trying to control the camera remotely I cannot highlight the stop watch function; I want to repeat exposures with a short delay between. I can do this manually by pressing the software keys but feel confident the 'stopwatch' icon must hide programable timing features.

Thank you,

Lillypad119http://stargazerslounge.com/images/smilies/default/icon_scratch.gif

I've just tried my 1000D and the stopwatch timer control is available in all modes (M, Tv, Av, all pre-prog modes)

In all modes you should be able to use the timer for repeatable short exposures, the bulb option is greyed out. Setting to bulb in manual mode allows access to set bulb exposures.

Not sure why the timer would not be available - sorry.

I use this all the time and use the timer. The timer will not open up if you have live view activated. Close live view and it should become white instead of grey and then you can open it. Or as some-one has suggested before have you got BULB (Manual) selected?

BTW if you've not used the timer before, the interval timer shooting should be the length of your sub plus the interval between, I know this has tripped up a few people.

wp82b496e5.jpg

Archived