Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sunspot Animation

lunator

The animation gives a different dimension to a sunspot, as well as showing the progress across the solar disc, it gives an indication of the equatorial region of the sun. I also enjoyed the website images Ian. Are you the main source of images for the society's Astro site?

I like the double star shots, there never seems to be a great many doubles imaged. I would like to see more of that subject, in particular, the more colourful pairs.

Thanks for the link.

Ron. :D

I enjoyed that lunator. My only comment is that the sunspot on Saturday was near the 8 o'clock position, as I could see with my filtered binoculars. Wouldn't you prefer it with a North-South orientation indicated?

I enjoyed that lunator. My only comment is that the sunspot on Saturday was near the 8 o'clock position, as I could see with my filtered binoculars. Wouldn't you prefer it with a North-South orientation indicated?

Hi Themos

The image was taken through the ETX70 with a diagonal. The orientation isn't really an issue for me as my brain is wired for a Newtonian view so a refractor looks all 'wrong' to me anyway :D :D

I hope to get a full weeks image.

Cheers

ian

Archived