Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Whats the 6" dob like?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the 6" and the 8" are fantastic scopes and will be able to show you loads of interesting objects.

I started with a 6" and after 18 months found a significant jump in both lightgrasp and resolution going to the 8". But I do feel that the jump was so significant because I had the experience of what the 6" had shown me.

It could be that an 8" is all the scope you will ever need, depending on your interests, location and expectations.

I owned the 6" and its good for a starter as its cheap but i found myself wanting more fast, the bad thing about the 6" is it takes up no less space that the 8" or 10", i own a 6" scope now a SCT but only because it is too much smaller and easier than the larger scopes, this isnt the case with small dob mounted reflectors in my opinion

It could be that an 8" is all the scope you will ever need, depending on your interests, location and expectations.

As far as interests it a case of trying this out and then see what route i wont to take after a good yr or so viewing, im only 20 mins or so from the new forest and my local astro club is hants astro which i hear are really good. Expectations well i would like to see what the hubble sees but not a chance so im keeping my expectations low so everytime i see something new i will be amazed by what im seeing.

Archived