Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Update on new kit

BigBlueOne

Nice!!

How do you find the 9x50 guider? Ive just got my heq5 and im using an 80mm, ive pondered an st80 + guide cam but I don't want overload my new mount so my newest plan is to go for a 9x50 with a qhy5. Your obviously chuffed with it all so if it works I'll do that!

Andy

Right then, I think Im settled. I was slightly worried about not being able to find guide stars but you dont seem to have any problems! I suppose a lot depends on the camera but it is a finderscope so wouldnt be much use if you cant see stars through it.

Like I say I wasnt sure about the st80 setup, I'd prefer it as it would be a more substantial setup but just worried about weight. Out of interest, whats your reason for going up to a st80? I was looking at the orion finder guider which is £75 ish but thats not far off an st80! I cant image the st80 would weigh a lot but it will be tube rings and dovetails that will put it up.

Like I say I wasnt sure about the st80 setup, I'd prefer it as it would be a more substantial setup but just worried about weight. Out of interest, whats your reason for going up to a st80? I was looking at the orion finder guider which is £75 ish but thats not far off an st80! I cant image the st80 would weigh a lot but it will be tube rings and dovetails that will put it up.

Your HEQ5 would handle it fine. Mine takes a 200P, plus ST80, QHY5, Canon 400D plus all the metalwork holding it together, and is still rock solid

heq5.jpg

Hi Malcolm,

Your surely pleased to bits with that awsome setup to which I

a couple of questions if I may,

On your ST80 did those rings come complete with the scope

or were they your own purchase. Also were the mount bolts

that connect to your main scope thru the dovetail did you have to purchase those also.

Im just thinking ahead of time so Im not short of any bits.

Thankyou BigBlueOne.

Hi, I purchased the ST80 second hand, and it came with the long dovetail and rings as part of the package.

Looking at the images on most retail sites the OTA is shown with rings attached, but no dovetail

nst801.jpg

I would assume that a small dovetail would be included ?? - It's worth dropping Steve at FLO a PM to confirm exactly what you get with the OTA

Lovely kit but your obsy's a bit on the small/drafty side?

Was this directed at me ?

landscape.jpg

1) - at 16' x 8' I wouldn't say its small !

2) - by nature of exposing the scope to the sky all observatories will be drafty

3) - the control room area however is warm, dry and draft free (even the glass is double glazed)

Hi Veracocha,

I do apologise for the late reply to your post which I missed,

My granddaughter was most upset thats her away from home house

I,ll have you know.

But looking at some of the Obsv's people have Im speechless

If only I had the space I would be digging the foundations

tomorrow, my wife threw a major tantrum with me just

mentioning digging a 2 foot square for a pier.

Sorry for the late reply. BigBlueOne

Archived