NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik EFW2 Filter Wheel and OAG Review

FLO

Phew - it is the Atik and so I am really looking forward to receiving it. Thanks Steve and FLO for the excellent review.

Incidentally, I'll be trying it with a Synguider at first. I know that there has been speculation as to whether this will work / how well it will work and in fairness FLO cautioned me about its suitability. Since I already have the Synguider I've decided to give it a go and we'll see. If it's a fail then I guess I'll sell the Synguider, buy a loadstar and learn PHD, or piggy back the ST80.

I wish I could use one of these. Sadly my CCD camera has 20mm of back focus and this means that it's impossible to use with a SX filterwheel if I want to use the TRF-2008 flattener too. (there's only 6mm to play with).

I don't know how anyone manages to use an OAG, FIlter Wheel and CCD with a Reducer / Flattener at all.

It seems like an ideal way to guide but just about everything seems based around the 55-56mm from lens to CCD and there just doesn't seem to be a practical way around this....

I don't know how anyone manages to use an OAG, FIlter Wheel and CCD with a Reducer / Flattener at all.

It seems like an ideal way to guide but just about everything seems based around the 55-56mm from lens to CCD and there just doesn't seem to be a practical way around this....

:) Tell me about it !! http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-cameras/158880-how-fit-lp-filter-sw-reducer-flattener.html

Archived