Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally have a scope!

Went to collect my first scope today from SGL member Simms.

Its a Skywatcher Explorer 150p with EQ3-2 mount including dual motors. Can't wait to take it out tonight as its meant to be clear all night! and by the looks of met office website it looks like there will be plenty of clear skies over the next week so its a great time to get it :D

Hopefully i will get use of how to use it, as i have never touched a scope before (just been reading lots about them so far), and i will soon be taking some images of the night sky with my DSLR.

Tonight though i will just be looking at the Moon and Jupiter.

Mcro

As a newbie looking for a complete setup - I have noticed a few comments about mounts and how important they are - what should I look for and which ones should be avoided for a beginner/intermediate scope?

Can I suggest you start a fresh thread on this under the "mounts" section. You will get more responses that way :D

Good Luck mcro89. There are plenty of splendours in the sky at the moment and Mars also is a morning object and will do well at a high magnification. Jupiter is a beauty right now through any scope. Happy Observing :D;):D

Archived