Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One good corner when not using a reducer - How come?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look forward to the test of this to see whether the out of alignment focuser was the issue. 4mm doesn't sound like much at all, but interesting to see if in the real world, such a small amount makes a difference.

I am still waiting for my collimator to do my focuser, it is in UK, waiting for delivery with my Dad in a couple of weeks.

Look forward to the test of this to see whether the out of alignment focuser was the issue. 4mm doesn't sound like much at all, but interesting to see if in the real world, such a small amount makes a difference.

Hi Sara

I was surprised how much of a difference 4mm did make :)

Managed a few subs in between clouds on Saturday night. It has made a difference :D my corner no longer looks like warp speed 9!

After I had adjusted the focuser to line up in the centre of the lens, I still noticed the laser reflection back onto the laser faceplate didn't look right. So taking Merlin66 's advice I had a look at the lens cell. There seemed to be a very slight gap on one side so I unscrewed the lens cell & made sure the threads were clean & it was screwed back up properly. There were bits of paint flake in there so I made sure the tube was clear.

Worth bearing in mind as both the focuser and the lens have to be square to the tube.

So thanks for starting the thread, I'd been putting it down to guiding or PA errors. :icon_salut:

Hope you get yours sorted soon.. I'd be surprised if it wasn't focuser alignment causing your problem

Archived