Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help needed to get started!

g0ibi

I have a site for my obsy, 5'X8' with room for a 3-4' ROR. The base is a previous 'out-house' concrete base, what,s the best way of securing a pier on it? Considered a SW pier bolted down, what do you think? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Ron

post-26870-133877677675_thumb.jpg

first thing is to work out how deep that base is and see if your happy with the depth.

If you are then yes a quick solution would be to bolt down hard and hope all holds.

other option would be to cut away a nice new patch make it your desired depth and width and start from there.

maybe a more accomplished member will pop in and lend some advice, but that was my honest opinion.

let us know what you decide.

You could bolt a pier directly to the existing concrete, but it might not be deep enough and it's also the same surface you'll be walking on (unless you can biuld a wooden floor above it?). As indicated above I'd be tempted to take a diamond saw to the base, cut a square hole in it and dig out a new, deeper hole for the pier. This could be filled with concrete and isolated from the main concrete slab at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jen, Got the base finished and pier-base done. Got my 150mm pipe ready to cement this weekend then I have to wait for Gary668 to finished and post my EQ5 pier top! Building some decking on top of the concrete base while I consider the type of shed to get! All depending on the weather though!!!

Archived