Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Difference between DMK21 and DMK41?

BigDunc78

So DMK41 for the diehard Solar/Lunies and the DMK21 618 for everything else... unless you love stitching frames together. The 618 is more sensitive so shorter exposures... hopefully more crisp frames.... darn I need to save up again!

PEterW

Can someone explain - whats ROI stand for?

I bought one of these about three years ago when I was fairly new to astronomy and when advice on them was very thin on the ground. Unfortunately I bought the DBK41 which is the colour version since I wanted colour images - not knowing about the mono LRGB method.

I have only used it a couple of times in bad seeing and on targets like the moon and the Pleiades.

Does anyone have any idea of the "lux" sensitivity of these cameras? I reviewed them as an option, before becoming cheerfully embroiled in this (Watec) Video Imaging malarky... :D

Lux values are hardly comparable as they are measured with some lens in some way. Absolute quantum effieciency is the key factor marking sensitivity, for example on this chart:

http://airylab.net/Images-site/Basler/QE.png

DMK21 - ICX098

DMK31 - ICX204

DMK41 - ICX205

DMK21AU618 - ICX618

Lux values are hardly comparable as they are measured with some lens in some way. Absolute quantum effieciency is the key factor marking sensitivity...
Thanks indeed. Sorry to drift slightly off-topic, but I really wanted to understand (get some pointers to) that. :D

Archived