Where can I buy a Coronado PST?

Flo says mid October, we're nearly there now. Failing that Greenwitch don't mention out of stock. That doesn't necessarily mean they have it though.

If your really in a rush you can try one of the Germans but it's unnecessarily pricey.

Also try

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/telescopes/coronado/pst.html

http://www.f1telescopes.co.uk/shop.php?id=243&level=

What about Lunt PST's?

Do Lunt's have the same problem as Coronado PST's with rust on the old gold coatings?

Lunt seems to be a big upcoming player in Solar nowadays.

I think I read a comparison of the Lunt vs Coronado and the Lunt's have a better sweet spot than the Coronado's, even with a smaller aperture.

You could also try buying a converted refractor and pst modified, but make sure its not a gold coated PST :rolleyes:

The rust thing is in the past and involved a front element coating no longer used.

I have Lunt LS60 and think it outstandingly good. I think the smaller one competes well with the PST and there was a thread on here in the Reviews section comparing them.

Olly

FLO haven't updated their website and Martin told me that they wouldn't be around till Christmas ;)

We have now, sorry :rolleyes:

We hear there has been an increased interest in solar observing this year that has depleted stocks of Coronado PST. Coronado distributer says October's delivery has been rescheduled for sometime around December. It is very frustrating.

Seconded.

Olly

Indeed. To them, "in stock for immediate dispatch" can mean "we should have it in a couple of months, but we don't really know", so it is very wise to check the actual situation first.

James

We hear there has been an increased interest in solar observing this year that has depleted stocks of Coronado PST. Coronado distributer says October's delivery has been rescheduled for sometime around December. It is very frustrating.

Guess what... We just received notification that a small quantity of Coronado PST has been dispatched to us for delivery tomorrow :rolleyes:;)

Perhaps they read this thread.

Woooooooooooooo! Lets hope so. I have sent you guys an email, hope there is still stock!

Allowing for one put aside for you Adz, we are now sold out. Pity as we could have easily sold 3x as many :rolleyes:

Next delivery is due around December.

HTH,

Steve

Archived