Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7331 Work in progress...

Avdhoeven

Currently I'm gathering data of NGC 7331. I want to get a nice image of this galaxy using my C11. Until now I gathered 34x10 minutes of data with a SXV-H9 and a Baader UHC-S filter.

I had to stretch the image quite a lot to show the details in the galaxy. Because of this the stars get large halo's.

Is there anyone who can give me the ultimate hint how to get out the faint details without blowing up the stars too much?

attachment.php?attachmentid=33126&d=1317740738

That is a wonderful image with excellent resolution. Superb work with the C11. What was the thinking behind the UHC filter? Deconvolution can help keep the stars tight. The halos look filter induced. There are some fairly agricultural techniques you could use but I think it is fine as it is

If you use any sort of halo removal action you will need to apply a feathered blur to the edge of the halo before hand. Filter halos have a sharp edge and you can end up with all sorts of nastiness if you aren't careful!

Archived