Hello from Cumbria

GeorgeH

hi there and welcome to sgl what are your interests up there,planets,deep space objects ,depends what you want to do with the scope, i always say this look at the one you want,then buy the next model up to that,because lots buy the one they like,and get it then find they should have brought the bigger one.

and just as important as the scope is the eye piece so get at least one good one

cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi there and welcome to sgl what are your interests up there,planets,deep space objects ,depends what you want to do with the scope,

cheers

Cheers folks...some good 'starter for 10' advice here. I'm in no rush (well I am but my wife says I have to wait till Christmas :))...so I'll get myself along to the local club meet at Cockemouth for a chat.

I notice many have a Sky-Watcher in their sig...so maybe theres a clue there.

todd8137...good question, my interests are a bit of planetary stuff but more deeper space really (sucks air through teeth here and awaits responses saying £500 ish is not enough to spend...)

Welcome to SGL George - my in-laws live in that area (near Egremont and Cleator Moor) so it's pretty familiar to me - St Bees is a nice place! You should take your scope up on St Bees Head when you get it...

Tom

Archived