Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Double PHD - "fatal crash!"

Merlin66

I recently started using PHD to display the electronic finder ( 135mm telelens/ Atik16) and also use PHD to guide (an ATiK 16 on a beamsplitter) - No issues while in capture mode. Even with an update rate of 1 sec for each they are slow but don't give any issues.

However, as soon as I ask for calibration on one of them...it goes through the process to the last step ( ie W ok, E ok, N ok ) then crashes with fatal exception error - everytime!!

The only solution I can find, so far is to turn off the electronic finder PHD display; the guide PHD then works 100% everytime.

So it appears you can only have one incident of PHD run at any one time...

Is anyone having similar problems??

(The medium term work around is to go back to AA5 and use the "guide" function to display the electronic finder...)

Never had a need to run PHD twice.

Maybe get one PHD up and running and go through the calibration process once thats complete and running, start the other one and see what happens?

Ant

Well, tried it again tonight...same crash....they just don't seem to like playing together.

I've reconfigured and now have the electronic finder as the guide camera under AA5, and using PHD to guide on the spectroscope slit....that works....

Archived