Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil in Ha and OIII

shaunster

Hello everyone

I'm sure you all know the last 2 nights have been clear and so is tonight, its not been perfect though - its been very wet. Still I can see stars (about 30 I reckon) and thats good enough for me haha

So I shot the veil.

I did 9x20mins Ha and 9x20min O3 over the past two nights. I have other data from others targets yet to be processed as well :) :

Im not 100% happy with it, the O3 frames are quite poor due to the bad moisture in the air causing the LP made worse than usual so it caused some greeny/bluey gradients but all in all not bad... although I cant help thinking now 10min subs would have been a better bet... maybe next year. Besides I made my pretty pic of the veil, something I have always wanted to do :p

veil-HOO-XL.jpg

Thanks

Its with my Zenithstar 70 + 0.8 reducer so about 345mm and was one frame, just managed to fit it all in :)

Camera as usual Atik 383l+ with 1.25" baader filters.

I went out last night and realised why my O3 frames where especially poor, I have chopped down some of the neighbors tree and now I have one of those white LED lights shining right into my obsy and onto the scope causing the gradients.. wish I had noticed before.

You really have done wonders with that, especially if you could only see thirty stars on the night. Really impressive.

On the very best nights I can see maybe 75-100 stars if im lucky Olly, thats why I only do narrowband stuff :)

Beautiful delicate nebulosity. Despite the odd background problem it really is a beautiful image and one to be proud off. For me it is the delicacy of this target which makes it special. Your first, gentler process captures this much better than the second one

Archived