Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB to Serial driver?

I have a USB to serial cable so I can control my 'scope from my laptop, but after a re-install I appear to have lost the driver CD. Can I find the driver on the net? Can I heck!

The cable I have comes into device manager as a HID device, and the driver changes the HID device to a COM port. Does anyone have a similar cable and could email me the driver? I believe it's a cypress chipset, but anything is likely to work as they are probably all the same.

Many thanks if you can help

Thanks folks, i've given up though and brought a new one from maplins. It's £20 wasted but when I consider how many hours i've spent on it now, it was cheaper to just buy a new one. Although curiosity got the better of me and I'm (glad?) sorry to say that the driver in the link you gave me helen didn't work with the old one.

Russ, dont stress it now, I have one that works! Thanks for the kind offer though, much appreciated (and thanks Helen too!)

I was going to suggest Ebay but I'm too late. I won't say how much they are on there. :D

What planetarium software are you going to use to control the Celestron? I used the one that came with the scope and it wasn't too bad. Meant to give Starry Night a try but never got round to it.

Russ

I've got Nexremote and Stary Night 5, nexremote works well, but i'm having some problems getting ASCOM to work with Stary Night. I'm sure it WILL work though. All I need now is a motor focus and i'm all set. The webcam works well and i can't wait to get some images of saturn. Hopefully tonight wont break the run of clear nights we've been having so I can test it all out! I'm really quite pleased with the setup

Archived