Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New mount arrived!

Piers127

My new EQ5 SynScan has arrived! I'm over the moon, took a bit of assembly and setting up but I think I'm there and ready for tonight.

In the process dropped and scuffed/lightly dented my Mak :-(

But checked collimation and red-dot finder and still all in alignment! Thankfully fell onto (mostly) grass.

Congratulations, got mine awhile back and really into using now. Two bits of advice I got from SGL; Upgrade the Latitude bolts when you can, they are a real weak-point (Find them on Ebay) and secondly, use a downloaded program called polar finder to help with polar alignment. I use that and a 3 star setup and am usually spot on for the Goto!

Clear skies..

twenty five quid for two bolts !!!!!!!!!! £££25££££££ yep cough splutter :glasses2:

£46 if you go for the complete set with the azimuth bolts too...

They are good though, but there are alternatives for half the price if you shop around

Make your own, for the EQ5 range they are 8mm metric, such as Boltmeup on ebay do short lengths of stainless rod or buy bolts of the right length, then source a couple of knobs from the many machine part manufacturers on the net, epoxy them on the end and the jobs done :glasses2:

Archived