NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Western Veil - first light with modded 350D

markarian

I love the difference modding my 350D has made. Much easier to process and helps remove the colour shift from the Astronomik CLS filter. Processing could be better but I need to change how I process my images now I think.

Mark

ngc6960-1200.jpg

2011-09-20 200mm f5 Newtonian MPCC Guided

Canon EOS 350D modded, Astronomik CLS

5x240s 15x180s, darks, flats, ISO 800

Captured in APT, Processed in Nebulosity and PS CS5

What's the spectrum of the bright star? I don't have my planetarium program running right now. But if that were color balanced with a somewhat whiter tint, I bet the blue would come out more in the nebula. But all that aside, that is a GREAT shot !

Jim S.

The modded 350D's are capable astro cams as long as you take care of the noise and ampglow using darks - and you have done a cracking job...

I like them - large sensor area and no messing around with filter wheels :rolleyes: However, if I could afford a dedicated CCD camera, I might have a different view :glasses2:

I probably need to do more darks than I did. Problem is it's the end of the night and I usually want to go to bed so I fire off as few as I think I can get away with. Lights can wait til the morning.

Mark

Archived