NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Check list for Kelling

Doc

If this is your first time to a star party below is a list of kit that most people take, think of it as a check list:

Tent

Tent pegs/Hammer

Ground sheet

Camp beds

Sleeping bags/Duvets

Table

Chairs

Stove & Gas

Frying pan & Saucepan

Plates, cups etc

Knife & Forks

Washing up stuff

T Towels

Food

Drink

Clothes

Boots/Shoes/trainers

Coats

Gloves/scarf/hat

Towels

Shower/shaving equipment

Toothbrush/toothpaste

Kettle

Toaster

Medication if you have any

Money

Map book

Booking receipt and paperwork

Telescopes

Mount

Binoculars

Laptops

16 amp camping lead with RCD

Extension lead

All electrical leads needed for telescopes

12v Battery

Eyepieces

Astro camera

Normal camera

Red torches

Monitor if doing video

Small tool kit

Phone/charger

Dew control equipment

Stool

Scope cover in case of rain.

Red film for laptop screens

Anything anyone can add....

Great list, I shall compare it to the pile of stuff I end up with tonight. Thanks! :)

I actually opened my 16A hook up (inc. RCD) this morning, wondered why it was so heavy.

I seemed to of ordered a 20M one :) Guess I've got enough to go around Celestes tent if need be! LOL

don`t the sockets in the park have 16 amp switches already on them ? so wouldn`t they trip if they were a problem ?

They do, but if they trip, you may trip others nearby as well. In the panic and anger of astronomers without any power for their mounts and CCDs, or ability to make tea or coffee, we may find your battered remains under a bush in the morning when the sun rises... :)

ALWAYS have an RCD hookup....I would never have anything else. Not taking a chance with my kids. Thanks for the checklist, helps me being a starparty newbie :)

I think Brantuk told me about some red film that goes over the screen of a laptop...do you guys use those?

I seemed to of ordered a 20M one :) Guess I've got enough to go around Celestes tent if need be! LOL

Hahahaha....mines about that long too....believe me on some sites i've needed that length!

I may be wrong, but the protection on the plug heads is a mains circuit breaker, and trips due to over current.

An RCD monitors the voltage on both the live and neutral, if there's any discrepancy, it trips in less than 30 milliseconds, this prevents a fatal shock. These are what is incorporated in your camping extension.

Archived