Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 150p V 200 Dob

Fols ive had my Skywatcher 150P on EQ3-2 mount for a couple of years and use it for general viewing - planets, DSO's and enjoy viewing the moon. Its fitted with electronic focusser and RA drive - tracking is useful.

Ive read loads of threads about Dobs - apart from extra aperture and quicker set up would one have any advantages over my current setup (or have I answered my own question?) What difference would I notice when viewing

Thanks..Neil

Hi Neil

I have both and enjoy using both. The Dob obviously with the bigger aperture allows more light in etc. I don't like using the Dob base though (Sorry all you Dob owners). I prefer the EQ mount as it feels much more logical and I get fed up of looking at an object and having to nudge it to 'track'. I also find the EQ much easier when finding objects.

Are you a visual observer? Do you want to take pics or video? If so stick with the 150 and perhaps get a better mount.

HTH

Jamie

Archived