Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stores which sell telescopes near York?

There is Astronomica at Leeds, and Lyra Optics at Rochdale.

I think that both are internet based suppliers and therefore will not have a shop as such to visit.

Astronomica are a fair size and may however have a place that you could visit, more a storage/warehouse place than a shop but there could a few items on show.

Astronomica also visit a variety of events, maybe they might be at an event some time soon and you could drop in to one.

After that it is a fair trip to any and even then many that appear to be shops are not. FLO do not have a shop as such, same with Sherwoods and Green Witch these days. With all these you can visit but by arrabgement is best.

If you do/can visit Astronomica (closest I think) then have an idea what you want and I suspect that if they arrange it and get bits out you might be expected to purchase something.

Alternatively are you travelling anywhere in the next few weeks ?

Rother Valley Optics is only an hour drive away from York and has a real and extensive show room with plenty of stock. It does pay to see scopes and mounts in the flesh as it were if you don't go to star parties and Ian and Adam are good people to deal with. Not heard the news about Green Wich opening a Leeds store. That is good news - Lee who is involved with them is also a top bloke. Other than that there's Optic Star in Sale, which apparently also has a decent showroom.

Richard

Archived