Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

help with Stellarium

Yup - the big clock icon on the left toolbar - and the "Navigation" page on the settings menu (spanner icon) will let you set Stellarium to the system time on startup, and also the (useful) option to set it to your preferred observing time on today's date (neat option!).

Don't forget to save the setting when your done!

OOPS!...another senior moment for me...one very small step for mankind.

My computer time was off...now resolved...I think!

Thanks ladsicon11.gif

Cheers

FYI most computers' clocks do not keep accurate time but if you are running Windows you can use a setting to automatically check the time over the internet. To get at this setting, right click the time in the task bar select Adjust Date/Time and select the Internet Time tag. You will be presented with a selection of options, pick one.

FYI most computers' clocks do not keep accurate time but if you are running Windows you can use a setting to automatically check the time over the internet. To get at this setting, right click the time in the task bar select Adjust Date/Time and select the Internet Time tag. You will be presented with a selection of options, pick one.

Alan,

Thanks for the internet time suggestion - now actioned!! Mine seems to drift out of kilter (perhaps I need a new battery!!).

Archived