Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon filter !

leemanley

Having had such a dirty wet cloudy day i was surprised to be able to use my new moon filter for a good 15 mins tonight !

Does definately make a difference to viewing.

Am awating a new set of Celestron eyepieces and filtrers from Amazon, should advance my viewing experiences, cloud permitting !

Oh it does, especially when the moon gets bigger it can be blindingly bright without one .

Was thinking of plucking mine in as well yesterday but then I choose the binoviewer for the moon which effectively halves the light throughput per eye.

But even then it would have been a better contrast with one.

Yes, you can stick the 2" filter in the diagonal and then use 2 or 1.25" ep's, another technique I probably learnt about on this forum is that you can separate the two plarizing filters (the 2" come as two separate components) and stick one in the diagonal and one on the ep, with this you can then turn the ep (a 2" one in this case) and vary the polarization to your taste (range is 1-40% light transmission). Just a thought!

The filter was part of the Celestron set of ep's and filters 6 coloured filters, a 6, 9, 13, 17, 32mm, 2xBarlow. Could relly tell you how good they are because I have'nt ahd enough time to use them seriously. Initial results are good though.

The Celestron set is good, it gives you that flexibility to keep drilling down til you get the optimum magnification for the object being viewed. In all honesty I prefer the lower magnifications because they are easier on the eye, and I love the 32mm, one of the best plossls i have ever used, tak sharp and great for DSO's.

Archived