Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian collimating ?

I have just bought a laser collimator from Skys the limit with the intention of having a go at it this weekend.

Are there any tips or guides knocking about for this particular scope ? The instruction sheet that came with the collimator makes it look fairly simple but I am not so sure.

Thanks.

I'd try the scope out before assuming the collimation is out - the F/6's hold it quite well. I know it's cloudy and you want to "do" something with the scope but the real test is under the stars anyway so it's worth seeing what the views are like before rushing into adjusting anything.

Thanks for all the info. That guy on the video makes it look quite simple if you just take your time.

He makes it look simple because.......it is.

The phrase "you could train a Monkey to do it" is applicable.:)

It's one of those things that to explain in words and pictures makes it look like brain surgery, but a short video shows its a walk in the park.

Regards Steve

...I didn't know that you had to collimate the collimator....:D

You should not really have to but the reality is that they can be out of collimation (even from new) so it's worth knowing how to check them :)

If the laser collimator is out your collimation efforts will be in vain !.

Ok it seems easy to collimate the laser collimator. I don't have my scope at hand so do any 200p owners know what type of screws the secondary mirror adjusters are ? And am I right in saying that there is no removable cover on the base of the scope to remove just locking and adjusting screws ?

Thanks again.

Archived