Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st sun picture

Daniel-K

ok today i had a go taking a picture of the sun for the first time. i've got the AP bug bad :)

let me know what you think and how i can improve

it was taken with a modded dslr on a 200p with solar film fitted

im happy with this but have to say its nothing compared to some of the brilliant pictures posted here

post-18942-133877657181_thumb.jpg

A fantastic first picture! it's an amazing feeling when you get your first image, you should be proud of this one. I think imaging with a dslr is tough and you managed some great detail.

One point though is you could try and clean the lens a bit to get rid of the dust, then it would be tremendous :)

Alexandra

The webcam will give a much smaller field of view and you will need to either just picture the "interesting" bits ie sunspots or go for a mosaic. The problem with mosaics in white light is the lack of features for the usual "stitching" softwares preventing them from working (although you may well get a result!). You may have to resort to manually combining images in a suitable program (PS or GIMP for example) to get a result.

Archived