NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cambrian Mountains Obsy- Update 5

laser_jock99

Lots of work done in the last few weeks. We now have a sliding roof, pier installed, flooring installed, gantry decking installed, roof over the gantry installed and final waney edge wood cladding fitted.

Sliding roof frame

Dscf1879.jpg

EQ6 mount with machined pier head adaptor

Dscf1897.jpg

Pier installed with EQ6 on top.

Dscf1900.jpg

Some views of the external finish.

Dscf2069.jpg

Dscf2068.jpg

Dscf2067.jpg

Dscf2065.jpg

Dscf2058.jpg

Dscf2057.jpg

Looking really good. I love the table and chairs outside :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks- the seating is nice at breakfast time when it catches the sun in the morning.

I have found that EQ6 mount is really stable now it is mounted on the steel pier (much better than the supplied tripod). Also the polar alignment seems to hold really well night after night. I haven't done any drift alignment yet but early results look promising for imaging using just a DSLR and a selection of lenses.

Obsy roof open with camera on the EQ6 mount.

_dir7778.jpg

North America Nebula in Cygnus.

NANEBSMALLCURVES.jpg

IC1396 in Cephius

DSCF1988_STACKED_PROCESSED_SMALL_CURVES.jpg

California Nebula in Perseus

Dsir7822_CURVES_SMALL.jpg

M31 Andromeda

M31_DSCF1921.jpg

M33 in Triangulum

DSCF1992_STACKED_PROCESSED.jpg

Auriga clusters & nebulea

DSCF1984_STACKED_PROCESSED_SMALL.jpg

Hoping to move the telescope in shortly and start imaging using that. Then possibly look at getting a guidscope and autoguider.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Due to the appalling bad weather over Christmas (a continuous gale and heavy rain for two weeks here!!) I got some time to do some finishing work in the observatory. So now we have electricity (no need for the extension lead!) and the internal paneling is nearly finished. Looks a bit like a sauna now- but better than the inside of the metal sheet cladding.

Img_7940.jpg

Img_7938.jpg

The electric is a real plus though- should be able to set up a PC and guide camera now (weather permitting).

Archived