Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Jupiter

samir_ansari

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys. Dave if it makes you feel better this was my ACTUAL first attempt at Jupiter earlier this year:

jupiterv.jpg

So, quite a difference once you get a bit of practice!

For my latest Jupiter I used my skymax 127mm (1500mm focal length), a 2.5x barlow and 740k toUcam

EDIT: Forgot to mention I used a 2x Drizzle in Registax on the image sequence hence the scale

Excellent attempt. Really good colour and detail. I'm not sure about a Bahtinov mask. Great for DSO imaging, but I tried it last week for imaging Jupiter. I used the mask to focus on Deneb and then slewed across to Jupiter. After a few runs, I doubted my previous focussing and refocussed on Jupiter. I think I make it sharper and the resulting images seemed to bear this out.

I was using my refractor, so it was not down to mirror movement.

I'd be interested in your results if you go that way.

Sadly no ScubaMike, just a greasy imprint on the glass for me to clean off :D My kids and their friends did video me falling for their electric shock pen gag the other day though so that will probably end up on you tube. The little darlings also electrocuted my wife also. Bless them :)

Archived