Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Question of cameras

I have a Nikon D90 which I will be using for planatary imaging but I want a cooled CCD camera for wide field work. I will be buying - probably CGEM - WO FLT110 (probably or I may start with a c500-700 doublet) - guide scope (star travel 80 probably) autoguider and an imaging camera - note the imaging camera is not decided.

I'm not a fan of the 110. The objective is amazing but the other end leaves to much to be desired. The DDG is tacky for such an advanced scope and breaks too easy. And the DS focuser I had was faulty out of the box - wouldn't rack in once you tilted it up to polaris - and no adjustment would fix it.

In fairness maybe I had the 1% duff one off the production line, but I had to return it unfortunately. The older models are more reliable imho - try before you buy is my advice. :)

I'm not a fan of the 110. The objective is amazing but the other end leaves to much to be desired.

You will be pleased to hear William Optics are about to supply the FLT-110 with a new, considerably more robust, Rack & Pinion DDG focuser.

Archived