Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Open Cluster M39

Dann

With so many cracking images posted this morning I feel a little silly posting this here :)

The weather didn't really play ball last night so plenty of time for calibration frames but I only bagged 8x 90 sec subs. Not what I was aiming for but thought I would share anyway.

On a positive note the flats I took seemed to do their job for once and this may be my final unguided image before I jump into the big bad world of guiding.

Uploading this has desaturated it a bit, its displayed a little better on flickr.

Thanks

Danny

post-26486-133877656007_thumb.jpg

I've no Idea why you should feel silly Danny.

On the contrary, you ought to be delighted with your image.

M39 is a very striking open cluster, and your image is a very creditable one of this lovely group of stars in Cygnus :).

Ron.

Never feel silly about posting images. We have all had to start somewhere and this is way better than my first every image. This is a great image and really crisp. Not sure on the spikes if you artificially added them, but still a great image and younger well on to your way.

Thanks.

The diffraction spikes were there having used a newt but the more I looked at it the more the cluster seemed to disappear into the background.

I'm not usually fond of artificial spikes but I made them a little more obvious in this one just so the cluster stood out a bit more.

Archived